Pre Purchase Inspections
• We report to the purchaser verbally on the day or the day after the inspection giving a clear explanation of the main issues.
• We give an indication of costs to repair or reinstate items that need attention.
• We explain the implications of any defects and the ongoing effects that you can anticipate.
• We advise of maintenance issues for now and in the next few years.
• If you have thoughts about making changes, improvements or extensions we provide ideas, answer questions and give technical advice.
• We prepare a full written report, a record off all that was observed, it usually includes explanations and digital pictures.
Tim Holmes has been doing building inspections for 28 years. Mostly pre purchase inspections. Examining buildings with a critical eye and noting the result of time and gravity, wear and tear. The Inspections are carried out in accordance with AS4349.1-2007. The purpose of the inspection is to provide advice to a prospective purchaser regarding the condition of the property at the date and time of inspection. Areas for Inspection shall cover all safe and accessible areas. As well as the Australian Standard - Inspection of buildings AS4349.1-2007 Tim Holmes has also researched building inspection principles in Britain, United States, and extensively in Australia and has developed a comprehensive inspection checklist and reporting system that provides more information than standard inspection reports.
We believe that our fees are around about the industry standard for the service provided, we rely on word of mouth for our business and we are told that we provide an above average service for a fair price. The cheapest price is most certainly not the way to choose a Building Consultant. Please phone 0408 120 979 or email us email@example.com with the property location and type and we will give you a quotation.
Full perspective is the Name of the business, it is also the aim of the business to explain as much as possible about a building to a prospective purchaser.
• We check everything to do with the building; we take detailed field notes and digital pictures.
• If it is possible to get under the floor we check the foundations, the footings, the piers, we look at the bearers, the joists, the floor from the underside and the plumbing.
• We check the sub floor ventilation,
• We check ground clearance
• We look for plumbing fixture leaks.
• We get in the roof space to look at the roof from the underside, the ceiling from above, the insulation, and the roof frame.
• On top of the building if possible to check the roof cover, the chimneys, the gutters, the vents, and the view!
• The brickwork, the weatherboards, whatever the external cladding.
• The floors, the doors, the windows.
• The internal walls and ceilings.
• Tap pressure, shower, bath, toilets and vanities.
• Built in robes.
• Decks, balconies and pergolas
• Paths and driveway
• Retaining walls
Training Courses and Educational Seminars Attended and Completed by Tim Holmes
The Conservation of Traditional Buildings This was a Spring School conducted in 1993 by David Young from National Centre for Cultural Heritage Science Studies on location in and around Southern Tasmania. The School was taught by David Young and leading Australian Specialists in Heritage Conservation including Richard Allom, Peter Freeman, Peter Lovell, Colin Pearson and Ann Warr. It was a privilege to be a student on this course; it was the most beneficial of all the courses I have ever undertaken. We studied traditional methods of construction in Tasmania in so doing we gained an understanding of how the early buildings were made and how to repair them. I would do it again tomorrow if it were possible.
I regularly attend The Rapid Solutions Annual National Conference to do with all matters concerning Building Consultants
I have done specific courses on the following:-
5 Star Energy Rating
Timber Framing & Bracing
Buildings, Solar Energy and Energy-Efficiency
Footings and Reinforcement
Master Builders Association Building Consultants Course
Local government Planning and Building Requirements
The Role of the Estimator in Housing
Wet Area Construction Techniques
Tasmanian Historic Cultural Heritage Places
Introduction to Building Contract Law & Dispute Settlement
Health & Safety on Building Sites
Site Management and Building Supervision
The Homebuyer Survey
Domestic Solid Fuel Burning Appliances
Taxation and the Builder
Small Business Management - Cox Miller Robinson
Thank you very much indeed for your professional inspection. Your high standard of work impressed me. The purchase of the house has now been settled.
Dr LC- Sydney
Thanks for your report. It was extremely comprehensive and exactly what we needed so I'll recommend you to others.
E.M- Structural Engineer Launceston, Tasmania
Thank you very much for your excellent report; your tips on how to improve the place are greatly appreciated.
R.D- Sandy Bay, Tasmania
Thank you for the information given on the day of the inspection it was most valuable as is the written report.
G.M- Richmond, Tasmania
Sam and I would like to thank you again for your professionalism, time and expertise. It is your experience and advice that have helped us to mitigate some of the financial risk associated with the structure of our property. For that, we are very grateful and certainly look forward to working with you again.
JS -Sandy Bay
I write to you in regard to Tim Holmes Builder and Designer. I found him to be professional, thorough, helpful and friendly, when he carried out the building inspection prior to the purchase of my unit. He was able to explain potential problems to me in an informative manner using simple language. Therefore I would like to recommend him to prospective home buyers.
Letter to Master Builders Association from M.C- West Moonah, Tasmania
Thank you for your professional advice, with it I was able to make what I feel was a good decision in going ahead with the purchase of the unit.
PG -Gordon NSW
Thanks very much for your inspection and thanks once again for stating your concerns.
BM -Cavendish Vic
Thanks for your help and your rapid response on all occasions, it was undoubtedly critical in the last situation.
RS- Seven Mile Beach Tasmania
Thank you so much for your very thorough building inspection.
LH- Bellerive Tasmania
Thank you for your building report after reading it we decided to go ahead with the purchase.
DJG- Rokeby Tasmania
Thanks for the prompt and informative service.
SS- Deloraine Tasmania
Many thanks to you and to your wife for all your helpfulness in doing the building inspection on the house in Sandfly. Your friendly approach was very much appreciated.
AW- South Hobart Tasmania
The most beautiful report I have ever seen.
BA - Sydney